There are mainly two types of food, Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian
Human body has the ability to digest both types of food.
World Vegetarian Day is celebrated every year on 1 October.
It is the founding day of the North American Vegetarian Society in 1977 and was endorsed by the International Vegetarian Association in 1978 to “promote happiness, compassion, and life-enhancing possibilities from vegetarianism”, to the ethical, environmental, Brings awareness of health and human benefits.
There are mainly two types of food, vegetarian and non-vegetarian. Human body has the ability to digest both types of food. Some people believe that more nutrients are found in non-vegetarian food. But let us tell you that the element found in non-vegetarian food is found in eating meat, in the same way vegetarian food is found in vegetables. Vegetarian food is digested sooner than non-vegetarian food.
History of World Vegetarian Day
World Vegan Day i.e. World Vegan Day was celebrated by the UK Vegan Society for the first time on 1 October 1977. The Vegan Society was established in the year 1944. On whose 50th anniversary the President of the Vegan Society announced to celebrate the first date of October and to celebrate Vegan Day every year with a view to promoting vegetarian diet.
One of the reasons for celebrating Vegan Day was discrimination. Because at that time, vegans were not allowed to consume dairy products. In protest against which they stopped consuming eggs and then in 1951 it became a vegetarian movement. Those who did not take part in the exploitation of animals. Since then, every year on October 1, awareness campaigns have been conducted to encourage vegetarianism all over the world.
Benefits of vegetarian food
- Vegetarian food reduces the risk of heart disease and cancer. . People who eat pure vegetarian food are less likely to have heart related diseases by 30%.
- Vegetarian food is mild. It is digested quicker than other meals. Vegetarian food makes the brain aware and makes it intelligent. Eating this type of food makes one feel refreshed.
- People who eat vegetarian food have a very low risk of high blood pressure. Because the amount of complex carbohydrate in such food is high and at the same time the physical bulk is also reduced.
- Vegetarian diet includes whole grains, nuts, fruits and vegetables, which provide fiber, antioxidants, vitamins as well as essential minerals.
- Vegetarian diet helps in losing weight. If you eat a balanced amount of fruits, vegetables, grains and dry fruits 3-4 times a day every day, you can reduce your weight by controlling it in a few days.